Friday, February 6, 2009

The Anniversary and Other Happenings.

I have been meaning to do this post for two weeks, since my anniversary. Four years! Crazy how time flies.

Cristian planned the celebration this year. He took me to the Bellagio Hotel, to a VERY nice restaurant named Jasmine. It was Asian Cuisine. (Did I just say "Cuisine" in a post? Yes I did. It was that fancy.) Beforehand, we walked around the hotel and walked through the conservatory, which was decked out for Chinese New Year.

The pictures are a little dark, but it was very beautiful, complete with a spread-eagle panda bush. Edward Scissorhands must have been busy.



Of course, the night is not complete without some dumb pictures that make us look like ten-year-olds.







Don't, worry, I realize this money under the gargantuan Samurai Soldier is fake. No one be alarmed. But I was trying to steal it anyway.




















Anyway, it was fabulous. The food was soooo good! And the ambience was really romantical. (I have to say it like that because I feel dumb saying "romantic." But it was.) The whole back wall of Jasmine was floor to ceiling windows, facing out to the famous Bellagion Fountains. They knew it was our anniversary, and so gave us a table with a perfect view. It was awesome. Every 15 minutes a different song would come on (very softly inside, so as not to be disruptive) and the fountains would go. We had a great time. We laughed about where we might be for our anniversary next year (no idea). There may be a small college town in our future where the "fancy place" is Applebee's.

During the evening, a woman came and asked to take our picture. I very seriously thought about saying, "no, but you can take one of us with my camera." But I decided NOT to be tacky. Of course, later, another woman came and offered us the pic in a super-fancy frame (not really, just a folded one with "Bellagio" on the front) for only $45! I almost choked. But Cristian just laid down his card and bought it anyway, being our anniversary and all. It was a good picture, and cute of him to want it.

We finished off the night with stopping on the way home at the Sonic drive-thru and getting ice cream. Super Sweet.


The said $45 picture. I like us. Happy Anniversary, Baby. I love you.

Other than that, not a lot going on besides continuing to apply for jobs after graduation. We have had a few schools express interest, so that is very encouraging. We have heard from places in Illinois, South Carolina, Iowa, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania so far, no offers yet, but interviews. It is a pretty long process. Who knows where we will be? It is fun and scary all at the same time.

12 comments:

fractal said...

have a nice day
a friend from Greece

The Foulgers said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had a great day. I love the $45 picture. You guys look adorable!

Unknown said...

congrats! i love you two too... so fun!

Katie said...

I can't believe it's been four years! You look hot sista! Love you lots!

Becca said...

South Carolina???? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE????? ;)

Nicole said...

that sounds like such a fun anniversary... and can i say that i am SO excited for you! no clue where you might be going, ANYTHING in your future. that's so awesome!!!! it's going to be great! (if you end up in pennsylvania, let us know, matthew's got family all around there)

Beth said...

oh my gosh! I was wondering what you've been up to! What a fun, fun anniversary! Love that you guys both think you are so funny in all your dork pictures! And, your bangs look so cute. If you had bangs last time I saw you, disregard that comment. They looked great then too!

Teresa said...

Congrats! What an amazing place. Jonny thought the Chinese New Year idea was cool. You guys are awesome! Oh...good luck with the whole 'what to do after graduation' thing.:}

Spar-Mar Girl said...

What a fun anniversary! I love the picture of you two.

Trent and Kristi said...

I love that 45$ pic - that is awesome! Nothing like an anniversary to put C on the spot! I'm glad you guys had a fun time - and I am SO SO glad we got to hang out a little - THANK YOU so much for letting us stay there, I'm just bummed we couldn't hang out more! Can't wait to hear where you guys are going!

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

I have totally eaten in that exact spot! It is romantical indeed. Miss you.. glad you are doing so well!

Beth said...

I think the harassment starts when we delay to long. . . . waiting. . . .