Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dirty Little Secret


Want to know my dirty little Halloween secret? (OK, it's really not that dirty, but I just like saying "dirty little secret"). I will tell you. Put all the nasty candy on top, and give that to kids before anything else. Case in point:Whoppers, Almond Joy, 3 Musketeers (the dumbest candy bar ever invented), plain M&M's, and Kit Kat. I will take the Reeses' PB cups, the Snickers, Milky Way, and Twix, and proceed to eat myself into oblivion. Thank you.

Our actual Halloween celebration had nothing to do with being dirty, or little, and was not secretive in any way. But again, it's the phrase. Be honest. The innuendo is fun. Anyway...
We had our first official cousins' party, and it was a success! We all decided it was totally stupid that there were a bunch of us Ridings within 1 hour of each other, but we NEVER get together. Truly. So, this is the first changing of that tide. Complete with yummy soup and bread bowls, as shown here by my lovely assistant, Emily, as she samples the feast with grace. Laura brought some pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting, and I may or may not have eaten half of the 9 x 13" pan.
OK, so, not the cutest of me, but what can you do when it is a self-taken picture? You know you all have them. I love cousins. This is Kelly and Dan, and I like us. A lot. (Does my face look fat to anyone besides me? Don't answer that. I blame the pumpkin bread.).

No comments: