Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In Case Anyone Cares...


......I just got new headshots done. These were the two I chose out of about a million pictures. Headshots are always a kind of intense subject with actors. First of all, you have to find a good photographer, which I did, Alisia Packard. She does families and kids too for you Utah people; she also travels back and forth to NYC. alisiapackard.com.
The photographer needs to have the ability to make you look alive, not like you are just smiling nice for a picture. Then, what to wear? Something that shows your personality, but best to stick with classic styles for longevity purposes. And no loud prints. Please. These things are expensive and you want to be able to use them for a few years.
When all is said and done, you have to choose the BEST one, maybe two, shots. This usually comes after narrowing down, then again, then asking your husband to help and watching him throw half of the ones you actually like in the garbage. Then when you are down to just a few, you let the girlfriends you go to church with decide. That was kind of how it ended up going for me.
Now that you are up and running with the new shots, you are officially a slave to the look you currently have, so you can always be consistent with that picture. That is the worst part in my opinion. But these are like my calling card, how people remember who I am after an audition when they are going through all the headshot/resume combos of the people they saw that day. It's kind of crazy, I know. The funny thing is, I don't even audition that much right now, but I always need to be prepared for that last minute opportunity. Weird. But such is my life. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Beth said...

ok, I love the head shots, you look like a beauty queen. But, more than that, I am glad you are back. I actually hopped on your blog to say where the $%^# are you?

Macy said...

Love the new headshots. You're lovely.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Fabulous! You have great skin and great teeth. (in case you were wondering). Now go out and audition girl!

Jilene said...

they're beautiful. what are you auditioning for?

Nathan said...

Hey Nicole..
wow! I care, I do...
great pictures--yes, its been a while since we've seen each other in person, but you still look as beautiful as ever...
thanks for visiting my blog a while back, sorry I'm just getting to yours...
good to have news of you.

Trent and Kristi said...

I love the second pic especially - GORGEOUS!!! You'll have to let us know what gigs you get! Like Beth, I was getting a little worried but I'm glad to know you're still alive!

Beth said...

so I laughed out loud when I read on Katie's blog that we should do a prank. We are SOOOOOO going to! It's going to be good. . . .

TysonTheProgrammer said...

Nicole,

I'm not sure if I know you. My name came up on someone's blog. You wrote something about "embarrassing moments" with Nathan Seable in high school. I am very curious about it. Please jog my memory!
Concord High School.....California...
Nathan Seable
My email is natensandra@hotmail.com

Katie said...

I'm with Beth! I was about to give up hope on your blog and then...WOW! You are a babe. Lookin' good Nic, lookin' good. PS- we want to come see you soon and go see Rob's show.

Brooke said...

So beautiful!!!