Sunday, June 29, 2008

My long lost husband

So, Cristian has been living in Tulsa, Oklahoma since early May working at a Theater. It was a great opportunity for him to get some experience in his chosen field of Tech. Direction, so we were excited about it. Two months apart, not the most fun I could think of, but no problem. I have actually always been good with alone time, as I believe I have said in an earlier entry, and I am working on a show at night, so I am pretty busy and time goes quickly. I have also gone out to see him twice, complete with sleeping in two twin beds pushed together in his dorm room on the University of Tulsa campus. Thankfully the people in charge were wise enough to give him his own room. We had a great time, truly.

But, ok seriously? It's getting really old to live by myself. I want my husband back. Cristian comes home in about 2 1/2 weeks, and I can barely stand it. I am ready for the other half of my bed to not go completely undisturbed at night, and I am ready to buy a full gallon of milk again, not just a half gallon. I am ready to see the truck outside in our driveway. I am ready to do more than one batch of laundry. More than anything, I am ready for my husband to crush me with his backside as he slides into me to say prayers at night. I am ready to not have to just talk to him on the phone every day.

I was told today by a good friend of mine that a sweet older lady in our ward (who I adore, by the way) asked her if I was married. And if so, whether my husband was a member of the Church, since she never sees him. Yikes. Fortunately, most people in our ward are wonderful and always ask about Cristian, how he is doing, how I am doing without him, and when he gets back. That has meant so much to me that people care about him.

I am so glad Cristian has had this job, I think he has learned a lot, and it has been a good thing for him, and for us. So I feel this has been worth the separation. I just really miss my man and am ready for him to come home.

14 comments:

Mikki said...

I'm glad he'll be home soon. Hopefully the next 2 1/2 weeks won't drag out. I love the things you miss about him. It's funny, the things we take for granted.

The Foulgers said...

It is so hard living without your husband. I was without Jason for 4 months while he was working down here. We were waiting for our house to be built. I'm glad you've had things to keep you busy! Hopefully the next 2 1/2 weeks will go by quickly!

Nicole said...

awww, i'm glad he'll be home soon and the long part is behind you. i completely understand that feeling of one side of the bed being undisturbed- that's miserable!

Tiffanyrose said...

Brandon had to work up in Heber, AZ away from me for the first 10 months of our marriage. It sucked. Glad he is coming home soon!

anna banana said...

It is good to read this as I will probably have time away from Allen when he is the Navy, it is nice to know that you can survive it, even if it is hard. I am glad he will be home to you soon!

Missy said...

Oh, I didn't realize he was gone. That really stinks. I hate how much Darren is gone at work, and he still sleeps here. Hope time goes by quickly!

Beth said...

Ok, #1: I am alive. #2: Loved your hair retardation post. I am the SAME way! It doesn't matter how my hair is cut, I can make it look exactly the same way, because I truly don't know how to do it any other way! And, #3: That is AWFUL about your hubby! I don't care how ok things are with them gone, it gets to a point where enough is enough! You are almost there!!!

Teresa said...

glad you're on the down side of the hill. this reminded me of the times layne was working away from home. i think i eventually got used to using the whole bed myself. pathetic! glad we get to see you guys somewhat soon!
T

Kelly said...

Hey Nicole! I started a blog because I have nothing to do at night now that Aida started! You have to add me to your list! See you tomorrow! We miss your hubby too!

jamieBEE said...

p.s. Book Club - My House - Tomorrow! Hope to see you there!

Spar-Mar Girl said...

Hey!! I really hope you remember me-it's Mandy (used to be) Rich, now Ford. Your across-the-hall-buddy from freshman year at good ol' John Hall! I just randomly found your blog (long story) and wanted to say hi!!! I have a blog too, but it's private. I would LOVE to get back in touch with you! Send me an email if you get a moment-richgirl97@hotmail.com. I hope your honey gets home soon!!!! I can't stand it when mine is gone for a business trip for 3 days!

Beth said...

how is my lonely husband-less friend???

jamieBEE said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

Hey Girl! I just ran across your blog through Molly Bice Jackson's blog...i check her blog all the time to see how she is doing. anywho, how fun to read your blog...you look great! where are you guys living these days? i would love to catch up....my email:

beeandt@hotmail.com and my blog:
brookeandtaylor.blogspot.com