Saturday, June 14, 2008

Why, Hair, Why?

So, my cousin Emily is in hair school. She is really talented and has been coloring my hair for a while and last week she cut it as well for the first time. I tried something a little different and told her to just do whatever she wanted. I trust her completely. She gave me some bangs and a few new aspects to my hair, and it was really cute. The next few days i enjoyed my new hair style and got many compliments on my look. Then came the dilemma that has plagued me my whole life. I had to wash my hair sometime, right?

The problem is I have a disability called Hair-Retardation. It ranges from mildly inconvenient to debilitating. I cannot, for the life of me, replicate what Emily did to my hair to make it so sleek and shiny and sassy. It has been a hard week, complete with a last minute trip to Wal-Mart for some head bands to try and salvage the mess I made. I wish I had some pictures to show, but I also kind of don't want this documented. Am I forever banned from the freedom of certain hairstyles by my disability? Can I get a handicapped parking sticker for this?

9 comments:

Carrie said...

You are so funny! I'm retarded with hair, too! I know just what you mean! I want a picture though!

Mikki said...

Alas, I too have the same impediment. That's why my hair is so boring all the time. :o(

Trent and Kristi said...

I totally can relate to this so no you are not alone. This is the reason I never want to cut my hair super short - then I would actually have to style it. I have tried to replicate cute styles, but never can get it right. But half the time my hair is in a pony anyway. You are so funny - let me know if you can get that handicap sticker - I'd love in on that gig. Can't wait to see ya next week - even if it is for a short time!

Nicole said...

oh i so agree with you!!! i hate when i have to wash it after a nice cut and style because i know time is ticking. usually my hair will memorize what the styler did, so i can kinda repeat it after 1 wash. but after 2 washes, it's gone. and i'm so on my own, it never looks as good.

The Lead Singer said...

Yes you can. The handicapped sticker is hot right now.

jamieBEE said...

HAHA!! i know the feeling!!

Jilene said...

pick me, pick me. I have had the same hair-do since 10th grade and don't know what to do different. At least you are daring and tried something new!

Katie said...

I hear ya! Washing your hair after getting it done is the WORST because you know it will never look the same/as good again. Picture please!

Jenny Donna said...

I used to also have this disease. I believe it is curable.