Friday, August 1, 2008

Shameless Plug

Ok, this is a total shameless plug, but I would not be a good performer if I never marketed myself. I am doing "Aida," a musical with music written by Elton John and Tim Rice at Super Summer Theatre this month. It will be out at Spring Mountain Ranch from Aug. 13- Aug. 30, Wed- Sat. shows. Anyone who is in town, your support would be great, and I have to say, you would see a fabulous show. You can get tickets and information online at www.signatureproductions.net.

If you come, I will be out on Wed., Aug. 20, and Sandra Huntsman, my understudy, will be doing the show. So if you care about seeing me play the role, then just don't come on a Wed. and you will be fine. By the way, for those of you who know the show, I am playing Amneris, an Egyptian princess, on of the principle roles.

My talented husband Cristian designed the set, so it is fun to be involved in a project together.

I have not done Community Theater since joining Actors' Equity Association, my union, and it has been so great doing a show again for the simple love of it, and to be with people who are doing it for the same reason. This is not their job; it is their hobby, and they want to be there. It is very refreshing.

Anyway, come put a blanket on the grass, have a picnic dinner and watch a show, you will have fun, I promise.

6 comments:

jamieBEE said...

We are going to be there!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

I love that role, and you'll be fabulous!! If I wasn't going to be 2 weeks from having a baby, we'd definitely make the trip out to see you!

Macy said...

Good for you! Wish I could be there to see you in this role. You are going to be AMAZING.

Unknown said...

I am pretty darn sure you are going to see a Meg and a Peg on the 16th... so we might need to plan a little sumpin sumpin for after...

Mikki said...

I so hope that I'll be able to come. If I can't make it on the night the RS goes, I'm hoping to be able to come another night.

Teresa said...

So sad we're missing this!! I think I wept a little last week realizing we just weren't going to be able to make it. Sad! I love watching you perform! I'm quite confident that you'll do wonders. Have fun with it.