Friday, April 3, 2009

Valentine's Day and my Birthday

Ok, I realize it is now April and I am just getting around to posting about things that happened weeks ago. Don't judge me.

Just a short note about V-day: We had dinner with our friends Scott and Shalisse Jenkins, and went and saw "He's Just Not That Into You." Papa Johns Pizza ran a deal for heart-shaped pizzas, and we had to partake. We laughed so hard about the pizzas, and had a great time. The boys didn't like the movie so much, as was evidenced by Cristian's bouncing his knee for the whole two hours. Oh well, they were good sports about it.

For my birthday on the 20th of March, Cristian was out of town doing a myriad of job interviews. While he was off slaying dragons, I had a great day by myself, got a facial, went shopping, then went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner with a bunch of my girlfriends. It was so fun!
Pictured: Tate Hulet, Shalisse Jenkins, me, Erin Dudley, Sheri Mohlman, Nicole Boyd, Rochelle Hendericks, and Marlaina Harris. We had so much fun, and dang, that food is good. Love my girls.
We finished out the weekend the next day when some of the above girls and I gathered at my house to watch "Twilight." What a weekend.

The next weekend Cristian was home and we gathered with my family across town for a barbecue. Can I just say, I adore them all? We will sure miss them when we move.
Personally, I think Bennie is just sad that it wasn't his birthday.

Isn't he cute? Anyway, we had my favorite pie (I am not a cake person) Marie Callender's razzleberry pie and ice cream. I was so sick to my stomach from eating so much, but so happy. And it was a gorgeous day.

I am now 30 years old. Does that bother me? Did I freak out? No. But I hear that the thirties are way better than the twenties, so I am ready to be impressed.

Happy Spring!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Thanks for letting me share in your B-day. It was alot of fun, with yummy food. Thanks for having me over for the movie too. Its always great to chat and hang out with everyone. Hope you had a good day.

The Foulgers said...

Happy late birthday! What could be better than great friends and good food? That picture sure made me miss all the Eldorado Estates girls!

Nicole said...

it was so much fun! you're bday was great, i had a fabulous time! i'm still upset for bailing on you guys saturday night for our exclusive party. how were you able to have a twilight party without me!!!! :)

Cody and Valerie Walker said...

Hey Nicole! Can I just say that I LOVE Marie Callendar's razzleberry pie with ice cream. Oh man, now I want it. Also, I'm really looking forward to my thirties, so tell me how it goes. And last but not least, Cheesecake factory is amazing, too. I think we'll go there for our anniversary this week, thanks for the idea!! Hope you are well, keep in touch. -Val

Teresa said...

OK...SO lame about the bday thing! Sorry!! I don't think I even did anything for you. Thirties are great - just don't venture into the forties - you do things like fail to recognize bdays of important people even though you're thinking of them. Odd! Happy late bday!! Love you! (really..I do.)

anna banana said...

Thanks for the Twilight fun! Looks like the big day was great!

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

SO much FUN! Please, please, PLEASE lets have some more fun before you leave! And you are truly THRITYLICIOUS:) New word, impressed:) lol

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

As some who is already 2 years in I must concur with what you have heard.. I am SO enjoying my 30s! You look great as always, and please don't ever EVER feel bad to post things a month or 2 late.. I for one am grateful to read about your life whenever you have the time to post. Your grateful reader, Clark

Katie said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! It was so fun to see you a few weeks ago and I am so sorry I missed your big day. Love you girl!

Holly Niederhauser Larsen said...

I enjoy your blog Nicole. I too don't actually love cake. which is hard for most people to understand. Glad to see someone else is the same way. ;)