Sunday, June 14, 2009

My own little vacation

Last month I also took a vacation, all by myself, and went to Oregon to visit my sister Cyndi. It was so fun and relaxing, I didn't want to come home except Cristian was there. Cyndi took such good care of me, and it was so fun to see her family, my cute nephews, and my newest nephew Johnathan! It was really good to spend some quality time with my sister. She is so great. And can we talk about how much I love Oregon? We went into California to the Redwoods, and to the coast, and it made me homesick for my childhood. We used to go to the coast and the Redwoods all the time.
She was a total soldier and took that baby everywhere in the pack, even hiking. It was awesome. Her 5-year old son Adam also provided great company. He was also pretty funny. Example: Cyndi was asking him if he wanted to go to Ashland with us, or play with a few friends the next day. "What friends, Mom?" She named a couple of boys. "I think I will go with you and Aunt Nicole. I am not really into them right now." I'm sorry, what? You are not "into" them? I was laughing so hard. He continued throughout the week to talk about stuff he was "into" or "not into."

Josh, Ethan, and Seth were in school, but I loved talking to them after school and learning what they are "into" these days. Cyndi and Steve are doing such a great job with them, and they are a fabulous family, and I love them to pieces!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Congrats to Cristian!!
So jealous you went to OR - sounds fun!

Kim said...

Did I catch that your sister is the fabulous mother of 5 boys! and she is totally functioning and hiking? Okay I can do this! I can do hard things! What a great Mom.
PS. I love Oregon too! I secretly want to live there!

Lisa said...

I love Oregon too! Glad you enjoyed your trip. We were up there last weekend, and I hope to be up there permanently someday.

anna banana said...

Oregon is gorgeous, that is where Allen's parents live and we love to visit there. I too went back and was like, okay her sister has 5 boys...I cant do it with three!

Nicole said...

You would all be amazed at Cyndi and her boys. They are all so cute and well-behaved, and she and her husband Steve are still sane. You guys can do it!

PRC said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/5-mobil-listrik-terbaik-di-dunia-dengan-performa-juara