Friday, November 9, 2007

Now, for real...




Hi everyone! I am truly on the bandwagon now, i promise. First, a little update- I am living in Las Vegas with my cute husband, Cristian Bell. He is a grad student at UNLV getting an MFA in Technical Theater. He builds sets, to put it VERY simply. We have lived here for 2 years now, and we own a home we fixed up (yikes) but not so shady with a man like Cristian around. We love it. I work for a holistic medical clinic and really enjoy it, and am starting my own voice studio. Teaching is scary. I audition for theater when I can, but mostly am kind of out of the loop these days as far as that goes. Now for the update of the last 6 weeks of my life...

October was crazy. First we went to Geneva, NY, where Cristian's parents live. They celebrated their 50th anniversary, and we all had a blast. This is Cristian and I at the party. Not sure why I look pregnant, but whatever. His family is fabulous. I was asked to sing "their song" and it was really touching to see how much in love Pat and Jerry still are as they danced to it. May we all still love our spouses that way after 5o years.

Next was my family reunion. My parents are home from their mission in Ghana for a few weeks, so we all got together. 38 of us. It was insane and there is not a place I would have rather been in the world. We took family pictures, went to a pumpkin patch, and had a party in our neighbors barn (that Cristian built). The very top picture is the Bell Family Picture. At the pumpkin patch, this is Cristian with Amy, Matt, and Mark, 3 of Gary's 7 kids, and at this is Lincoln, Mike's oldest of two boys. At the barn that night, we carved pumpkins. My master designer husband drew some sweet pictures, so our pumpkins looked pretty good, I have to say. Good times.

The NEXT weekend was one I have been waiting for for 10 years. Hee Hee. My high school reunion. Since Mom and Dad don't live in the WC anymore, I have not been there for a while. I let Cristian off the hook about coming, even though he was a great sport and said he would. It was better that way because he would have wanted to poke his eyes out with boredom at all the reminiscing going on. I saw some of my best girls from the old days and have not laughed that hard for a long time.
On Saturday I went to the temple with Chalyce. Again, why the prego look? I swear there is nothing there. I had never been to the Oakland Temple, and since it was my hometown temple, I really wanted to go.










We also had to hit Yogurt Park, a fave place. Don't worry that I also brought home a huge round of good sourdough bread. Sweet Affair Bakery made the eating requirements complete.


Last but not least, the big night. Crazy. Loud music, an open bar, people who are confronting their old flames for the first time in 10 years, enough said. It was really fun over all, and I had a reunion with a childhood friend, Jenny Gerk.










What a great/funny weekend.
That is really it, I just wanted to show a picture of my pumkin I carved all by myself. I was kind of proud of it, actually.
I promise that is all I have, for the moment. Thanks. I really needed to unload. I feel so close to everyone now.

8 comments:

Emily said...

GIRL! I'm so glad you guys had a great time & everything went well. Glad you have you back.

Beth said...

I LOVE it all, and I am so glad you are doing this!!!! I can totally hear you talking with the way you write! SO much fun seeing you!

Tiffanyrose said...

Hey Nicole, sounds like you had a funtime. Glad to hear all is going great with you and your hubby. I am happy I found the link from Nellies blog to yours, now I can keep up with ya!

Missy said...

Yay, so glad you started the blog! Glad to have you back. We've missed your cute little self at chruch!

Jen J said...

Glad you joined the ranks as a bloggerista! Looking forward to more posts...

Trent and Kristi said...

Love the blog! You make me laugh so hard! Trent and I have to take a little Vegas trip one of these days!

Kata said...

So I found my may to you though Missy! Its fun to get to know you. Wow! You're amazing!

D-dawg said...

Nicole, HI!!! I'm loving this blog you just started and I loved reading it and catching up on your life. You are as cute and funny as ever!!!

Love,
Denae